Followers

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lee Ann Womack readies new album, CMT Crossroads



As the Sept. 23 release for The Way I’m Livin’ nears, Lee Ann Womack is getting busy. There's CMT: Country Music Television’s “Crossroads,” featuring a collaboration with John Legend, airing on Sept. 26 and her upcoming International Bluegrass Music Awards (IBMA) co-hosting duties Oct. 2 in Raleigh. 

“When I said I was ready to get back to work,” laughs the Grammy-winning progressive traditionalist, “I knew they were going to throw it at me, but this has been a whole lot more than I could’ve dreamed. It’s kind of exciting to see how far I can take this music – or rather the songs of the writer/artists I cut.”

   
The Way I’m Livin’ marks the end of a seven year silence from the CMA Female Vocalist who’s also won their Album of the Year for There’s More Where That Came From, as well as a pair of CMA Vocal Event and Single of the Year Awards.

Produced by husband Frank Liddell (Miranda Lambert, David Nail), The Way I’m Livin’ features the songs of Chris Knight, Mindy Smith, Julie Miller, Mando Saenz, Hayes Carll, Neil Young, Bruce Robison and a Roger Miller cover.
 
“I wanted songs that talked about how life really is, the raw spots, the tough places, the meltdowns and messy parts,” laughs the always sunny Texan. “Hard, sad, rough... all the stuff people pretend doesn’t exist! Because once you embrace that, you can figure out what to do; or not do!”
 

“The Way I’m Livin’,” currently at radio, was written by Grammy Country Song of the Year nominee Adam Wright (“So You Don’t Have To Love Me Any More”) with a Roger Pistole-directed video that will arrive in the next few weeks.

“We’re picking up speed, and that makes me happy,” says Womack. “I’ve waited a long time to get this music out – and I love how people are responding.”

Track Listing:

1. Prelude: Fly
2. All His Saints
3. Chances Are
4. The Way I'm Livin'
5. Send It on Down
6. Don't Listen to the Wind
7. Same Kind of Different
8. Out on the Weekend
9. Nightwind
10. Sleeping with the Devil
11. Not Forgotten You
12. Tomorrow Night in Baltimore
13. When I Come Around

No comments: