Followers

Monday, December 7, 2015

Advance listen of new EP by “Nashville” TV actor/singer Chris Carmack

I got the chance to see Carmack perform at Stagecoach Fest, alongside two of his co-stars and was impressed. Read more on his new EP below... 

One star of ABC’s “Nashville” - Chris Carmack - is gearing up for the independent release of his debut EP, PIECES OF YOU (Unbridled and Blue), this Friday (12/11). Leading up to the launch, fans can get an exclusive first listen of the five-track project online at Entertainment Weekly beginning today (12/7). 

PIECES OF YOU is also available for pre-order at digital retailers. In celebration of the release, Carmack will perform at the Grand Ole Opry this Friday (12/11) at the historic Ryman Auditorium.

“Music came first, before the acting. I find that when I write songs it’s through an exploration of myself. It’s very therapeutic. If I’m feeling deep emotions about relationships I’m in or things I’m witnessing, writing and singing these songs helps me deal with it,” said Carmack. “I have a lot to say and a lot more I want to do, and I’m anxious for people to get to hear that. This isn’t some hobby; music means the world to me, and I’m serious about making it the best it can be.”

PIECES OF YOU is produced by multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winner Ben Fowler (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Michael McDonald) and Phoenix Mendoza. Written solely by Carmack, the EP echoes his wide range of influences; everything from rock, pop and Americana to the jazz and blues he grew up listening to and playing on saxophone in his high school jazz band.

Carmack admits the move to Nashville, TN for the filming of the hit ABC TV series “Nashville” was an opportunity for him to further develop all aspects of the craft.


“It really inspired me to step up my game. When I was in Los Angeles I thought I was pretty good. When I came to Nashville and suddenly was immersed in an entire culture of generational musicians, people who are born into these music legacies and grow up around music and can play many different instruments -- much better than I can -- I spent a lot more time trying to hone my songwriting, my playing, my voice and my style. I don't think I would have ever worked as hard at it if I hadn't come to this town."

Currently in production on “Nashville,” last Wednesday (12/2) Carmack and his fellow castmates were honored by CMT with the first-ever “International Impact Award” during the 2015 CMT Artists of the Year special for “helping to spark Nashville’s red-hot renaissance” (CMT President Brian Philips).


He has also been featured on THE MUSIC OF NASHVILLE soundtracks, including THE MUSIC OF NASHVILLE: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK, SEASON 4, VOLUME 1, released Friday (12/4) via Big Machine Records.

In 2014 and 2015 Carmack also performed live with the cast on ABC’s Opry-produced “Nashville” concert tours. The popular show has received nominations for People’s Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards and Critics’ Choice Television Awards. Tune in Wednesday night (12/9) for the “Nashville” mid-series season finale.

www.ChrisCarmackMusic.com

No comments: