Followers

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Dolly Parton sings for the kids on 'I Believe In You'

There's a children's album coming soon from Dolly Parton.

I Believe In You will be released digitally via Dolly Records/RCA Nashville on Sept. 29, with the physical album following Oct. 13. All the songs were written by Parton.

“My first album was released 50 years ago and it's been an amazing 50 years since then. I am very excited that now I'm coming out with my first children's album in all of those 50 years. I'm proudest of all that all of the proceeds from this CD will go to the Imagination Library,” Dolly said. “It's been 20 years since the Imagination Library was launched. We've seen 100million books get into the hands of children and hopefully there will be many more.”

Since its beginning in 1996 in Dolly’s hometown of Sevierville, Tennessee, the Imagination Library has expanded into four countries serving more than one-million children by providing a brand new, age-appropriate book each month. In North America, every child’s first book is the classic Little Engine that Could.

Track Listing:


I Believe in You
Coat of Many Colors (new recording)
Together Forever
I Am a Rainbow
I’m Here
A Friend Like You
Imagination
You Can Do It
Responsibility
You Gotta Be
Makin’ Fun Ain’t Funny
Chemo Hero
Brave Little Soldier
 

Bonus track spoken audio: Coat of Many Colors (book read by Dolly Parton)

Tracks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 were produced by Tom McBryde and executive produced by Paul T. Couch. Tracks 2, 11, 12, and 13 were produced by Tom Rutledge and Richard Dennison and executive produced by Dolly Parton.

No comments: