Followers

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

John Waite to perform in Riverside, Calif. on Friday

John Waite arrives at Romano's Concert Lounge in Riverside, Calif. on Dec. 15 for a rare acoustic show with his band The Axemen. Shawn Jones opens.

Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $30 advance, $40 day of show. The Concert Lounge is at 3557 University Ave.,
(951) 780-6000, www.theconcertlounge.com.

About John Waite: 

The English rocker first came to prominence in the mid-1970s as the frontman for The Babys, which scored pop chart hits like "Isn't it Time," "Every Time I Think of You" and "Back on My Feet Again." Going solo in the Eighties, Waite racked up a slew of AOR hits such as "Change," "Tears," "Every Step of the Way," "These Times are Hard for Lovers," "Restless Heart" and "If Anybody Had a Heart." He topped the pop chart in 1984 with "Missing You," from the gold album No Brakes.

Later that decade, Waite joined hard rock supergroup Bad English alongside Ricky Phillips, Neal Schon, Jonanthan Cain and Deen Castronovo. That band had a platinum self-titled debut in 1989 and gave Waite another No. 1 pop single with "When I See You Smile." They'd go on to chart "Forget Me Not," "Price of Love," "Best of What I Got" and "Straight to Your Heart" at album rock radio.  

During the Nineties, Waite had a top 20 hit in "How Did I Get By Without You. The title track to his solid 2011 album Rough & Tumble received prominent rock radio airplay. 

More recently, Waite has put out a series of acoustic-based, independent released albums called Wooden Heart. Here's what the artist had to say about them on his website: 

"After Wooden Heart Volume 1 came out, me and the band had been out on the road playing shows to support it and it grew. It just got bigger as the dates progressed. The crowds got bigger and so did the band. We soon took out our drummer Rhondo to shape the songs more so it became its own thing. Stripped down, but solid. We rarely flew between gigs so we would be in a van seeing America through the windshield, passing through cities and small towns. Feeling more connected to the music. Everything seemed vivid. True. Coming off the last run I felt I needed to go back in the studio and put together an album that would explain the last few years and maybe connect a few dots for people. I re-cut a couple of songs I was known for and some of the more obscure ones too. It all came together in two days. It was fast.

"Several years ago I cut Catch The Wind at Foal Studios in the dead of winter in Wales. I added a few touches to that and thought it would make good opener for the album. I selected some of my favorite songs from the last few years like In Gods Shadow co-written with Keith Reid (Whiter Shade Of Pale), Downtown, Isn’t it Time and Missing You. I also found some acoustic masters from my albums and there it was… Wooden Heart Volume 2. No doubt Volume 3 is somewhere in the future. I’m looking forward!"
 

Wooden Heart – Acoustic Anthology Volume 2 (2017)

Track Listing:


Catch The Wind (Donovan cover)
Missing You
Isn’t It Time
Downtown
In God’s Shadow
Masterpiece of Loneliness
Head First
Bluebird Café
More
Valentine
Girl From The North Country
Hanging Tree


www.johnwaiteworldwide.com

No comments: